Monday, August 12, 2013

I won't say anything at all...

Unless something miraculous, or extremely funny, happens, I will be taking a small break from publishing my blog,  I am boring myself with these negative posts.  And, the way things are going, it isn't going to get any better, anytime soon.

After about 10 days of  taking the new medicine, I am definitely seeing a difference in Mom's behavior.   But, it's not good.  Her behavior has gone back to a time that, frankly, is not a time that was pleasant the first go around.  She is extremely energetic.  You would think that would be a good thing.  But, combine it with stubbornness, the inability to comprehend simple direction, the need to be right, and a lot of anger, and you have a very volatile and unpleasant situation. 

She, again, argues about things that never happened.  She wants to go out to eat, or for coffee, constantly.    When I give in and take her out, she sobs that she wants to go home.  Or worse, she tells people that she needs help to get away from me.  She flags strangers down and gestures at me behind my back. She is back to trying to escape and figuring out locks. She is pouring water into the reservoir of the cat's dry food (that ruins 3 lbs of food each time).  She sneaks food out of the cupboards, contaminates it, and then puts it back in the cupboard.

I could go on, but I'm thinking that you're getting the idea.  I obviously considered that this new medication would not work.  It never occurred to me that we would go backwards and have to relive a horrible stage of this disease all over again.

So, a break it is.  I've written all of this before.  You've read it all before. So, if I can't say something nice, I won't say anything at all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment