Friday, September 5, 2014

How do I look? Depends...

Oh, how I wish I'd had a camera with me this morning. It was a particularly frustrating (for both of us) episode of getting Mom dressed for the day. She understood my asking her to take her shoes off (she wears them non-stop, even with her pajamas). She didn't understand anything beyond that. She doesn't allow any help. I can't touch her or she screams that I'm hurting her. So, it all has to be done though verbal directions with gestures thrown in hoping that she'll understand what I'm saying. She didn't. After several minutes of haggling and frustrations, we finally had a clean palette that needed dressing.

I handed her some diap... errr, underwear and asked her to put them on. Like most mornings, she turned them over a few times trying to figure out which was the front. She finally got a look of recognition, so I looked away... she doesn't like people watching her. Who does, right? So, I look back and she has her arms though the leg holes and was pulling the underwear on like a shirt. I couldn't help it, I laughed. Unfortunately, I was laughing too hard to stop her. Her arms were extended straight up, the crotch of her panties stuck on the top of her head. I was laughing before, now I'm close to having a seizure. I looked away to get myself under control. I looked back to see her head and one arm poking out of one leg hole, her head cocked to make it fit. Her other arm is hanging out of the other hole. The waistband was pulled down over her chest. She crookedly looked at me and said, “Does this look okay?” 


No comments:

Post a Comment