Monday, August 27, 2012

Roommates...

I used to have a roommate, who like most roommates, sometimes drove me crazy.  We were good friends and we spent a lot of time laughing together.  But she had some really annoying habits.  Most were superficial things that occur when two strangers live together.  But, I used to gripe to my mom every time she irritated me.  And I never realized how bad my griping had become until my mom admitted that she disliked her.  I was shocked!  She was a great person.  But, all my mom ever heard was the bad stuff.  She never heard about the time that we declared a water fight on our neighbors but never announced it to them.  Or the all-night laugh fests with our pals Ben & Jerry.  Mom was never privy to the positive times.

I bring this up because I have a different roommate now.  And I feel like I only talk about the painful "she's driving me crazy" stuff.  Don't mistake me, this is real and it is horrible.  But, there are positives.  And just as soon as I think of some I will tell you all about them.

I was going to stop there because it made me laugh.  But, that wasn't the purpose of this post.  Of course, there are positives.  Some days are better than others.  I just don't want anyone to think that every moment of every day is horrible.  Every moment is a challenge, but they aren't always bad.  And as stressful as these times are for me, I cannot fathom how scary and horrendous they are for her. 

No comments:

Post a Comment