Thursday, August 16, 2012

A message of thanks...

I started this blog pretty much on a whim.  Most of my early entries (deleted now) were about random things.  But I soon found myself writing more and more about my experiences taking care of my Mom.  It was a natural transition to dedicate my writings to my journey as an Alzheimer's caretaker.

What I never anticipated was the relief that I felt when I shared my experiences, and more importantly, my feelings.  It has been bittersweet sharing the funnier, lighthearted times.  And talking about my shortcomings and disappointments has been both eye opening and painful.  But, mostly, this experience has been very cathartic when I talk about the struggles of each day.

Some days, it truly feels as if I am baring my soul for the world to dissect and judge. And I wonder if other bloggers experience my same hesitation as they hover the cursor over the Publish button.  Is this entry too much?  Do people really want to know this crap?  How can anyone possibly care about this?  I usually end up telling myself that no one will read it anyway.  So, I push the button.

And then this amazing thing started happening.  People began responding and sending me private messages.  Some sent words of encouragement to let me know that I am not alone.  Some were messages of appreciation that I was able to put a face to the disease.  And a few were a combination of both.

So, this post is a message of thanks.  Thank you for sticking with me.  Thank you for being there for me and for caring.  You are all amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment