Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Final score...

I am beside myself with some frustrated mirth.  As you know, a few days ago I kid-proofed all the doors leading outside.  As my first line of defense, I put hook and eyes on the top and bottom of both doors leading outside.  Everything I read said to put latches out of Mom's line of vision.  So, once they were installed and I knew that she couldn't get out, I walked into the kitchen to get a drink of water.  Yes, I was that bold.  I immediately heard some rattling, so, I scurry back to the living room in time watch her reach up to undo the top latch while simultaneously unhooking the bottom latch with her foot.  Dang, but she is good.

For those of you keeping score...  Mom 1, Nancy 0.

I was then forced to add those irritating, spinning covers to the knobs on the doors.  Lucky me, when she is agitated and wanting to get away?  The knobs that I can't maneuver without a great deal of trouble turn easily in her 78 year old hands.

And Mom pulls ahead with another point... Mom 2, Nancy 0.



 But , the truly funny part is that when she is calm and just wants to get some fresh air?  Then the blasted things don't work for her and I literally hear hours of griping and requests to be shown how to open the door.

Final score... Mom 3, Nancy 0.  Well played, Mom, well played.

No comments:

Post a Comment