Friday, August 22, 2014

My broken heart...

How to break my heart in one easy lesson.

On days that Mom is particularly agitated, I sit with her while I have my earphones on. We both get to listen to what we like, I enjoy the music and she enjoys complaining. We both come out winners. I am sharing that because I want you to understand how important my earphones are to my sanity... and her safety...lol. So, on to the point of this post...

Last night was a bad night. I felt like she was going to be getting up during the night, so I stayed up awhile hoping to head her off at the pass. I gave up at about 1 am and went to bed. I set my laptop on the stand next to the bed, my headphones on top of it. Having been up since 6 yesterday morning, I fell asleep immediately. At 1:15 she was standing in the doorway reciting a rather lengthy monologue about many things, but mostly that she was awake and wanted to know why we weren't as well. I got up and gave her a sleep supplement, got her back in bed and I went back to bed. She was up and down most of the rest of the night. I don't think she rested for longer than 30 minutes at a time. And the remainder of the time she was in my room talking and complaining. I ignored as best as I could, but ended up just dozing.

Fast forward to this morning. We got back from taking my youngest to school. I got Mom settled with her breakfast. As tired as I am, I knew it was going to be a long morning. I pulled out my laptop and my earphones... and saw this:



This is what a broken heart looks like. She took the ear covers off! The covers are gone!  The earphones still work but they are no longer noise canceling (so her droning makes it through) and they hurt! So, a long night and a long morning just got longer.  

Maybe she has them under lock and key somewhere. 

No comments:

Post a Comment