Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Nice...

I just posted this on my Facebook page:  "Some people suck the nice right out of you."  After more than 12 hours of Mom's non-stop negativity and finally screaming at her to just shut up, I want to say that it is true.  

But, wait.  Can someone change who you truly are?  I always go back to something that I heard Oprah say.  I'm paraphrasing, but she said that if you have to try to be nice, then you aren't truly nice.  So, if you carry that a step or two further, if the nice can be sucked out of you, were you truly nice in the first place?  I'm guessing no.  

But, this discussion will have to wait for another day.  I'm not in the mood to be philosophical about this.   All I know for sure is that my nice has done been sucked.


No comments:

Post a Comment