Friday, November 1, 2013

The content of my character...

The content of your character is your choice. Day by day, what you choose, what you think and what you do, is what you become.” - Heraclitus

My life has changed a great deal since I made the choice to move my family in here with Mom.  A great deal.  But, one of the biggest changes, is also the one that is most difficult for me to accept: I am nowhere close to the person that I thought I was.

I've always considered myself to be a kind, openhearted and compassionate person. But, each day that I move further into this journey, I realize how far away from that perception of me, that I am traveling. And it hurts. Kindness is not filled with hate. Open hearts do not react with resentment. And compassion does not respond with anger. Yet, hate, resentment and anger describe me far better. Each day that I respond negatively, to the challenges of this situation, is a day that I choose to do so. My choices have led me to what I have become.

No comments:

Post a Comment