Monday, November 11, 2013

I've seen fire...

Mom was on fire today.  The van had to pull over before they even got off of our street.  She raised her fist to the driver on the way home.  When the driver raised her own hands in a demonstration of submission to Mom, Mom started screaming that the woman hurt her. 

Mom's been home for maybe 15 minutes and she's picked a few fights with me. She was furious that the mailbox was attached to the front of the house.  She has accused me of stealing her jewelry, hitting her in the nose, and breaking her arm.  She's slapped Katie and has dumped the food that we gave her. 

Right now, she is on a timeout in her room.  And, just like when I used to send my kids to their rooms, it's not so much about punishing them, but more giving me a break before I completely lose my temper. 

As I am writing this, Fire and Rain came on Pandora:

"Won't you look down upon me, Jesus
You've got to help me make a stand
You've just got to see me through another day
My body's aching and my time is at hand
I won't make it any other way."
 






 

No comments:

Post a Comment