Tuesday, November 20, 2012

But for the Grace of God...

I sat down today to tell you all how sorry I was feeling for myself after spending the day at the County offices where I was trying to apply to be Mom's paid caretaker.  Two sentences were written before my perspective was changed.  Yes, I still have a wall to climb and hoops to jump through, but I have a strong back and able legs.  Here is the original post that was supposed to be a "woe is me" entry:

One of the most difficult things to accept about this entire situation is the fact that I have become one of the infamous 47% who need help.  And it is killing my pride.  I have never been one to begrudge or even judge those that need help.  Each time I have thought of those less fortunate, I think, "There but for the Grace of God go I".  

But, I have come to think of that phrase in a new way.  Because if God's Grace saved me from falling on hard times, then it must be His lack of Grace that allowed it now.  And I cannot accept that reasoning.  Even in these difficult times I am still receiving His Blessings. Every minute of every day.  So, I will swallow my pride, learn humility, and walk on with hope in my step and praise in my heart.


No comments:

Post a Comment