Thursday, April 24, 2014

I got mine already...

For several hours this evening, Mom bugged me to take her to the store. So, at about 7, I gave up and took her to Target. We were there for about a half an hour and she spent the entire time looking for “him”. Somehow, between home and the store, we acquired and misplaced a little boy. And, wow, Mom was ticked! She yelled for him. She looked for him. She yelled at me because I couldn't/wouldn't find him. She was angry at strangers for taking him. When I couldn't take it anymore, we got in line to pay for a couple of things.  And then... it got worse.

While standing in line, the little boy forgotten, I could see Mom eying a piece of gum that was smashed onto the floor. I knew she was dying to pick up that “dime”, so I stood on it. I thought I was being pretty sly. I got all of our things placed on the checkout thingy and motioned for Mom to go through. She got into my face and said, “I saw what you did! That was mine and you had no right.” She put her fist in my face and said, “Don't worry, I'll make sure that you get yours later!”

Don't worry, Mom. I think I have received more than my share. You go ahead and keep it for me.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment