Tuesday, March 10, 2015

I am just getting started...

So many thoughts are running through my mind right now.  I have tried to make some sense of it all.  When that failed, I came here. Writing it down always helps calm my mind so that I can process it all. 

A few entries ago, I described the financial portion of this journey as "the unspoken, embarrassing, and most difficult part of being a caregiver".  Someone whom I have never met, commented that it sounded like I was begging for handouts and sympathy.  And, that response is why the subject is so often unspoken and embarrassing.  We don't talk about it because it makes those around us uncomfortable.  And, that just reinforces the reasons that caregivers feel alone.  But, I'm saying it again and anyone reading this is welcome to take it however they want to take it.  

I am broke.  Despite working and providing for myself and my family for almost 40 years, without asking for handouts or sympathy, I am broke.  If reality makes you uncomfortable, then another blog, maybe about gardening or scrap-booking, might be more your cup of tea.

I am already feeling better having gotten that off of my chest.  I can now see that tonight might be a 2 blog kind of night.  I have other things to say, but on a completely different subject. 


No comments:

Post a Comment