Sunday, December 30, 2012

She gets it...

Last week when we saw the new doctor for the second time, I felt my load lighten a little bit more.  She greeted Mom and talked to her a little bit.  She then looked at me and said, "Well, you look so much better. Tell me what has changed."   She gets it.  And that is such a huge blessing to me.  Yes, Mom is her patient but she is not the only one being effected by the disease. She does what she can for Mom medically.  But, she is there supporting me.

After the check up she told me that Mom is lucky to have me.  I responded with a sarcastic laugh.  The doctor asked why I laughed and I told her that I didn't think Mom would feel very lucky to have me.  I am really ticked off all the time.  And she then asked me when I would realize that anger is normal.  She said that she would be angry too.  And that she, with a medical degree, could not do what caretakers do.  Yes, she gets it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment