Tuesday, January 6, 2015

10 signs...

10 signs that I am a caregiver for an Alzheimer's victim:

 1.  I keep earplugs on my person at all times. I can still hear, but the yelling and complaining just isn't as mind-numbing.

 2.  I think that 4 hours of uninterrupted sleep is a good night.

 3. I keep the equivalent of a baby diaper bag with me when I go out.  Snacks, diapers, wipes, bottles (I enjoy the little cocktail sizes that the airlines serve), etc. 

 4.  People remember us wherever we go.

 5.  We have places that we can't visit anymore because the people remember us a little too well.

 6.  We stay at the front of stores because the farther we go the farther it is to come back out when she's having a meltdown.

 7. I can tell by how she's breathing whether she's heading for a tantrum.

 8.  I react politely when told that "You're lucky to still have her."

 9.  I respectfully accept the same well-meaning advice that I've heard dozens of other times and act like it's the first time I've heard it.

10.  I mentally strangle strangers every time someone says, "Oh, isn't she cute!"



 

No comments:

Post a Comment