Wednesday, May 1, 2013

I pray...

As I sit here writing this, I am thinking about the frustrating evening that I had with Mom.  Nothing earth shattering or extremely stressful, just frustrating. I am also thinking about the fact that for the last week I have been struggling to find a way to remove my mother from my daily life.  I love her but I don't want to do this anymore. 

But, I am also thinking about the people in my life who are dealing with their own challenges.  I am touched by my extended family, who spent yesterday honoring their amazing mother, who passed 2 years ago. I am praying for my friend, whose mother's health is fragile and is facing a future of doctors and waiting lists.  My heart is breaking for the friend whose family is grieving the unexpected and tragic death of their mother, who passed over the weekend.  I am remembering all of the many people who lost a mother recently, or years ago, but miss her each and every day.

This frustrating and painful journey that I am taking with my mother does not lessen the compassion that I feel for your losses and worries.  I see the irony of trying to remove my mom from my life, while others grieve the loss of a mother from theirs.  I pray that we all find strength to handle our struggles and comfort during our time of grief. 

No comments:

Post a Comment