Monday, May 14, 2012

Walk a mile in my shoes, if you can find them...

Most people who are not caretakers do NOT understand how I can possibly laugh at some of my mother's actions. Some go so far as to lecture me that she can't help her actions.  I, of all people, get that.   Some days it is the laughter that allows my family and I to remain sane.  I hope you can see the humor.

Today I was using the Voice to Text feature on my phone.  Everytime I said something into the phone, my mom yelled an answer to what she thought she heard. 
Me: I had to get the brakes fixed today. 
Mom:  No thank you. I already ate. I think.
Me: They wanted $500! 
Mom:  I am not hollering! (as she yelled from across the room). 
Me:  The shop thinks I'm a stupid woman. 
Mom:  No, I don't feel like vacuuming.

I buy myself a lot of new shoes, not because I want them, because she steals them and hides them from me.

My favorite things are the collections. She has collections that she doesn't know she has.  I have to sneak into her room daily and remove the pieces of bread that she has hidden. She goes to the kitchen for a glass of water and hides the bread in her pockets.  Oh, and she loves used straws and lids. Any and all lids... even if they are still being used, she just removes them and hides them.

Last Summer she found the box of bomb pops...











Apparently, she didn't like them.

No comments:

Post a Comment